The EDCI Middle School Youth Advocate program at Neal Magnet Middle School is student-centered, focusing on students’ successful transition to middle school from elementary school. A Middle School Youth Advocate works in tandem with students, teachers, and parents to ensure that students have the support they need to succeed.
The Middle School Youth Advocate program focuses on a variety of topics, including:
- Educational/vocational skills
- Physical, social, and emotional needs
- Safety, health, and recreational needs
- Daily living skills
- Relationship-building skills
- Cultural competence and awareness
The goal of this program is to create an opportunity for students to become their own advocates. By equipping students with the tools necessary to advocate for themselves, they will be better prepared for their next transitions to high school and college.