EDCI’s mission is to create a pipeline of high-quality services from birth through high school graduation for children and families living in a 120-block area of East Durham. More than 40 partner organizations and hundreds of community members work collaboratively with EDCI to help us achieve that mission.
We envision a future where every child in East Durham successfully graduates from high school, ready for college or a career.
- Children are healthy and ready to learn
- Children are prepared for kindergarten
- Parents and caregivers are actively engaged in their children's education
- Students are academically proficient
- Youth are prepared to graduate from high school, ready for college and/or a career
- The EDCI Zone is a safe, healthy, and economically thriving community
How We Work
Through this collaboration with community members and partner organizations, EDCI develops and coordinates services to meet the needs of children living in the Zone and surrounding areas. Learn about our partner organizations.
EDCI’s pipeline of services includes early childhood interventions, parent and family support, afterschool and summer programs, health and nutrition services, and community outreach. Learn about our services.
Founded in 2008, EDCI is an innovative nonprofit located in the heart of a 120-block service area in East Durham, North Carolina. EDCI impacts the lives of hundreds of children and families that live in or attend schools in the EDCI Zone. Learn about the EDCI Zone.